Gil Vila is a promising young star of Trial, with only 20 years old he is competing together with the best in the TR2 category with the help of TRS and PlanetTrial. This is the first year that he will be part of this great team and he is very motivated and eager for the races to begin!
Fullname: Gil Vila Gil / Age: 20 years / Current bike: TRRS
Honors: Spanish Junior Runner-up (2017).
– How did you get to TRIAL?
– I’ve always liked motorcycles, especially trial bikes, because in my village there has always been a lot of Trial Tradition, until they bought me a beta 80cc.
– Do you remember when you got on a trial bike for the first time? What motorbike was it?
– If I remember correctly, the first time I rode a trial motorbike was when I was 9 years old with the 80cc beta.
– And when and where did you compete for the first time?
– My first race was in a solidarity trial that was done for the “Marató de TV3” at the Montmeló Circuit on 16 December 2012.
– Tell us about Sörra’s trial clothing, what do you like the most?
– Well, the truth is that I’m fascinated with these clothes, everything looks perfect . But what I like the most is that the fabric’s so comfortable, so light and so resistant!
– What’s your best memory as a pilot?
– I think my best memory was in the Spanish Championship when I got on the podium for the first time and winning the race, in the Junior Category.
– During lockdown and without being able to go out to train, what other sports did you practice to keep fit?
– To keep in shape during lockdown I did sit-ups, push-ups, etc, … More or less I did 1 hour of exercise every day!
– What’s your strong point racing?
– Without a doubt, the steps!
– Who has been or is your biggest rival?
– My biggest rival is Eric Miquel.
– What championship would you be most excited about winning?
– Well, I would love to win the World Championship as surely everyone, and in addition to this I would also be very excited to win the European Championship and the Spanish Championship of course!
– What do you expect from 2021?
– I hope we can attend all the races, even with security measures as we have done so far.
– Tell us the challenges you set for yourself in 5 years from now.
– I would like to have reached the top category (TR1) in the Spanish Championship (CET).