Best Spots to practice Trial
Do you know the best places to practice TRIAL?
We’ve asked our collaborators to make us a small list for the delight of a few 😉 In case you didn’t know, in many places it’s necessary to go to a trial area to be able to practice our favorite sport because there are places where it’s forbidden to practice trial in the mountains. We have incredible places in Spain, but… do you also know abroad?
Well, here’s a summary of the best we have found:
Part 1: What is closest to us is also lush! Spots in Catalonia
- Talamanca (Barcelona): you can find a trial area where different races are held each year. If you want to go to the trial area, you can contact the Moto Club d’Amics Trialers Motocat, you have more info on their website 😉
- Cal Rosal (Barcelona): town located at the foot of the Llobregat river in the Berguedà region. The Spanish Trial Championship was decided there during 2020.
- Taradell (Barcelona): this village close to Barcelona has a long Trial tradition. In the 70s a group of young people began to become fond of trials and little by little this hobby became “professional” and the GTT team (Grup Trialers de Taradell) was born.
- Rellinars (Barcelona): hometown of the rider Jordi Tarrés, who won his first world title in 1987. This milestone marked a before and after in the trial and the drivers, making Rellinars one of the best known towns for his practice.
- Mura (Barcelona): this mythical town is one of the main entrances to the Sant Llorenç del Munt i l’Obac Natural Park. In 1981 the Motor Club Terrassa organized a World Championship event, very memorable due to the fact that Manuel Soler became the first Spanish rider to win a Trial World Championship event.
- Camprodon (Girona): in this Girona village you can find one of the most incredible trial areas that we know, Noassar Park, a magical enclave that has been the start of the Trial World Championship for 2 years.
Part 2: and a few kilometers away, what can we see?
- Andorra: it’s a paradise for trial not only for its amazing landscapes, also because Andorran regulations are favorable to trial motorcycles. At the moment Andorra has a flexible regulation for the practice of this sport, only some valleys in particular are prohibited from driving.
- Sigüenza (Guadalajara): in this town there is one of the longest and most emblematic races on the calendar. Sigüenza has been hosting the national competition since the 70s and has become a sports benchmark.
Part 3: Outside of our country, there are incredible places!
- Pietramurata (Italy): this town is in the Trentino region, that hosts the World Trial Championship every year. The Metzeler Offroad Park, sits in the shadow of the towering mountain behind it. It offers a mix of natural and man-made sections, all within walking distance.
- Isola 2000 (France): ski resort located at the top of the southern French Alps and each year hosts the Trials World Championship, among other competitions. It’s a real sight to behold.
- Motegi (Japan): is a town in Tochigi prefecture, Japan. The Trial World Championship also happens here & it has become one of the most exotic and most anticipated events in recent decades.
What did you think of the summary? Do you have other favorite places to train? You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want us to post other information of your interest 😉